Warning: Following my trades may be hazardous to your financial health. See Disclaimer.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Market Is So Easy

It's so easy for me to lose money in the market when jinx is with me the whole time.  The proprietary leading indicator I subscribe to has been advising to short the market since May 2011 and still is.  So I lose while everyone who doesn't watch the market gets a free ride.  Professional money managers like Dr. Fly reaped 20% during just the first month and a half of this year so far going long the frothy stocks.  Now that he's in cash and holding just some VXX.  I followed suit with VXX because that's in line with my gut and my technical analysis up till yesterday.  It all changed today.  VXX so far down 5.40% with the market (SPY) up only .28%.   Going VXX is worse than averaging down on the leveraged index ETF (SPXU), and I am in it!!!  Talk about jinx.  Now Dr. Fly has 20% cushion to burn, but not me.  For me it's been just one direction -- down.   The market is so easy:  until I overcome the jinx, just follow me and do the exact opposite!



2 comments:

  1. It is likely a good call, just maybe a little to soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:46 PM

    Bearish plays are always too soon. It's the nature of the market.

    http://fifty2weekhi.blogspot.com/2012/01/bears-are-meant-to-suffer.html

    ReplyDelete