Warning: Following my trades may be hazardous to your financial health. See Disclaimer.

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

1st Sell Signal In Over 3 Months

Too bad $BPCOMPQ bullish percent index is an EOD index and doesn't get updated until well AFTER the bell. (If anyone knows what time it gets updated, please do leave a comment. Thanks.)   Yesterday it flashed the first sell signal in over 3 months.  Of course I took yesterday and this morning off.  But it's moot as this morning was a big gap down and I am not the type who chase, especially after a red gap in the face of a bull market.

The 60 minutes chart on SPY is very oversold, so intraday bounces are very likely, but I believe we should now be in a sell on bounce mode, now that the tide has changed -- at least for a little while I hope!   The intraday put/call ratio has been around the healthy level of 1, so bears are not over-reacting and that's a good sign for a more sustained down move.


Here is my (rather useless) long term leading indicator, which has never turned up since last May and cause me to miss the whole rally.



No comments:

Post a Comment