Warning: Following my trades may be hazardous to your financial health. See Disclaimer.

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Patience - Which Line Are You Waiting?

In the same post yesterday, The Fly also stated
"I am tempted to cut losses on a few ideas; but then I remember the reasons why I own them. Sometimes it pays to be patient. Other times patience is a waiting line for execution."
That spoke volume of much of my pent up emotion.  In my case it's always the latter.  As I've always been accused for lacking patience by my wife, and I agreed, and vowed to be patient this time around.  What I didn't realize was that I'd been [patiently] waiting in line for execution!

This may sound like a broken record, but hey I am doing my own psycho therapy here.  I had good reason to have faith in this proprietary leading indicator and started paying for it last October.  Take a look at this now infamous chart:
The PI indicated nothing but down since Oct 2011 while the market had its best performance since the dot com era of 1998!  And for 6 months I practiced my unprecedented "patience".   By any standard, I've done my part as far as putting in effort to be patient.  It's just not meant to be.  Damn you, jinx!  And thanks to you, Mr. Bernanke, for the Operation Twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment